Not Always Happy is also a storytelling performance
Based on her book, NOT ALWAYS HAPPY, this choose-your-own-adventure-style, live storytelling performance features a baker's dozen of funny, touching, and subversive true-life tales about finding and raising the mighty Thorin that will definitely make you laugh and most likely change how you think about people with Down syndrome. Written and performed by Kari Wagner-Peck and director Bess Welden. 60 minutes.
Not Always Happy: Winner of the 2017 “PortFringe Pulitzer Award” for excellence in writing.
- Colby College Theater & Dance, January 2018
- Portland Stage Company’s Studio Series, November 8 – 12, 2017
- PortFringe Festival, two performances, June, 2017
- Portland Stage Company, Store Front Theater, developmental readings, January and March, 2016
- University of New England, Maine Women Writers Collection, developmental reading, January, 2017
Acknowledgements and Support
- Portland Stage, Studio Series, underwritten by Michael Thorne and AskInside, LLC
- Recipient of the PortFringe Pulitzer Award for excellence in writing
- Received grant support from the Maine Arts Commission, 2015, 2016